Happy Father's Day from Zeta! To celebrate, we asked our own dads for their best advice on love and money.
1. Communicate with your partner: Get on the same page about your expenses, and understanding what are needs and what are wants.
2. Make saving a priority: Make sure you drop a portion of your paycheck directly into a separate savings account, tax advantaged account, etc. It puts you on a streamlined path to saving, and has a psychological impact on how much money you feel like you can burn (i.e., however much is in your checking).
3. Ask for help: Work with a financial advisor to help with investing and financial planning. They'll keep you from making costly mistakes.
4. Don't forget about the now: While it’s great to have and save money—as the Beatles said—Money Can’t Buy You Love! You should make sure you strike a good balance between saving for your long-term goals and spending (wisely) now on things that bring you both enjoyment for a happy life together.
5. Play the long game: Don’t ignore retirement when you’re young. It’s easy to see it as something so far away, but today relatively few have a pension and social security is barely enough to live on. Give your future self a hand—worst case scenario you have some money when you retire.
6. Cover your bases: Buy whole (not term) life insurance when you're young. In addition to insurance coverage, it builds cash value over the years.
A newsletter designed to help
you achieve relationship goals.
A newsletter designed to help you achieve relationship goals.
To safely consume this site, we recommend reading this disclaimer. Any outbound links will take you away from Zeta, to external sites in the world wide web. Just so you know, Zeta doesn’t endorse any linked websites nor do we pay/bribe anyone to appear on here. Any reference to prices on the site are just estimates; actual prices are up to specific merchants and their current desire to charge you for things. Also, nothing on this website should be construed as investment advice. We’re here to share our favorite tools, tactics and tips for managing your money together. This content is for your responsible consumption. Please don’t see this as a recommendation to buy specific investments or go on a crypto-binge. Lastly, we 100% believe that personal finance is exactly that, personal. We may sometimes publish content on this website that has been created by affiliated or unaffiliated partners such as employees, advisors or writers. Unless we explicitly say so, these post do not necessarily represent the actual views or opinions of Zeta.
1Zeta is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Piermont Bank; Member FDIC. All deposit accounts of the same ownership and/or vesting held at the issuing bank are combined and insured under an FDIC Certificate of $250,000 per depositor. The Zeta Mastercard® Debit Card is issued by Piermont Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated and can be used everywhere Mastercard is accepted.
2Zeta Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is effective as of 05/01/2023, for customers who qualify for VIP status. Minimum amount to open an account is $0.00. Minimum balance to earn the APY is $0.01. Interest rates are as follows: 2.43% APY applies to the entire balance for customers who qualify for VIP status. Interest rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.